Ex-Trump aide: I 'probably' talked Russia with staffer charged in Mueller probe



Former Trump campaign aide Carter Page says he "probably" discussed Russia in emails with fellow ex-staffer George Papadopoulos, who has pleaded guilty to lying to FBI agents about his contacts.

Page told MSNBC’s Chris Hayes on Monday night that the two had met a couple times during the early days of the campaign and that he was “probably” in “a few” email chains with Papadopoulos.

“It may have come up from time to time, again, you know, there’s nothing major,” Page told Hayes about whether Russia had been discussed in those emails.

Page also disputed rumors that he was one of the anonymous people who attended a meeting last August that was mentioned in the charges.

“I don’t think so,” Page said about being one of the people at the meeting. “I definitely was not, I’m sure on that that I wasn’t.”

The former aide also noted that he did not bring legal representation with him when he was questioned by congressional investigators.

“Papadopolous has been cooperating since July; I’ve been cooperating since March. I want to get the truth out there,” Page added.

Page first came under scrutiny after reports emerged that he improperly communicated with Russian officials during the presidential campaign. He has denied the reports.

No comments

leave a comment

Powered by Blogger.